Critical care nursing
Critical care or ICU nursing is a specialisation of nursing which deals specifically with patients experiencing high-dependency, life –threatening conditions. Critical care nursing can be mentally and physically demanding with long hours (including night shifts), extensive patient handling and high-pressure conditions. Critical care nurses must be able to make sophisticated judgements quickly as patients in ICU are often unstable and can experience rapid physiological decline.
- Track 1-1 Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Track 2-2 Intensive care unit (ICU)
- Track 3-3 Neonatal ICU
- Track 4-4 Cardiac care units
- Track 5-5 Acute hyperglycemic emergencies
- Track 6-6 Emergency coronary artery bypass grafting